Saturday’s Listed Belgravia Stakes is a major race of the Ascot season; run for three-year-old’s over 1200m, the 2016 edition of the $100,000 feature has attracted 13 entries.
Belgravia Stakes History Since 1980: Trainers.
• Trevor Andrews and Grant Williams have won the race of three occasions.
• Andrews prepared King Saul (2011), Manjar (2005) and The Right Money (2002).
• Andrews hopes for a fourth Belgravia trophy rests with The River and Get Over It.
• Williams holds the distinction of being the first trainer to win three consecutive Belgravia Stakes: Perfect Reflection (2015), Disposition (2014) and Arcadia Rose (2013).
• He now co-trains with Alana Williams, and if the pair are successful with their three-pronged attack they will be the first training combination to win the Belgravia Stakes.
• The husband and wife combination will saddle, Royal Command, Show Honey and My Grace.
• Neville Parnham and Simon Miller can join David Harrison, Vern Brockman, Len Morton, Lou Luciani, Frank Maynard and Brian Mueller as dual winners of the Belgravia Stakes.
• Parnham, who won with Even Astar (2010), will pin his faith in Jazari.
• Miller enjoyed success with Miss Solis (2012) and is hoping for a repeat with Caipirinha.
• Dan Morton can join his father on the honour roll with Saul’s Special.
Belgravia Stakes History Since 1980: Jockeys.
• William Pike (Perfect Reflection-Arcadia Rose), Paul Harvey (Waratah’s Secret-Manjar), Pat Carbery (Miss Solis-Megatic) and Jason Whiting (Moccasin Bend-The Right Money) can post record-breaking third wins.
• Pike partners Royal Command, Harvey rides Get Over It, Carbery combines with Elegant Blast and Whiting jumps on Mr Undercover.
• Brad Parnham (Disposition), Steven Parnham (Even Astar), Jason Brown (Island Morn) and Shaun McGruddy (Paris Petard), have each won the race on one occasion.
• Alana Williams can become the first person to train and ride the Belgravia Stakes after she steered home Stormy Nova (2004) for trainer Vern Brockman.
• Matthieu Autier (Show Honey), Randy Tan (My Grace) and Joe Azzopardi (Caipirinha) are searching for their first Belgravia success.
Belgravia Stakes History: Barriers.
Since 1980 the most successful starting position has been barrier six with seven wins, barrier two has won five times and barriers one and five have had four victories.
In the 2016 renewal of the Belgravia Stakes Mr Undercover has drawn gate six, The Celt will jump from gate two, Show Honey in one and Elegant Blast from five.
Belgravia Stakes History: Lead In Races.
• Since 2000 7 Belgravia Stakes winners have won their previous race, two have been placed and three have won first up.
• My Grace is a last-start winner, Saul’s Special, Royal Command, Show Honey, Caipirinha and Elegant Blast were placed and The Celt, Get Over It, Jazari and Mr Undercover are first up.
Belgravia Stakes History: Sex
• Since 1980 16 geldings, 11 fillies, including four out of the past five, and nine colts have been successful.
Belgravia Stakes Favourites:
• Since 2000 seven favourites have won the Belgravia Stakes: Arcadia Rose (2013), Waratah’s Secret (2009), Paris Petard (2006), Manjar (2005), Stormy Nova (2004), Millpak (2001) and Old Fashion (2000).
RWWA: Julio Santarelli