- The H.G.Bolton Sprint, a 1200 metre Listed race, was named in honour of, Harry Bolton, who was considered the foremost administrator of racing in Western Australia.
- Inducted into the WA Racing Hall of Fame (2012), Bolton was instrumental in the formation of the TAB, introduced starting gates and the implementation moveable running rail.
- The Bolton Sprint was first staged in 1979 and won by four-year-old entire, Hartbalm, who carried 58kg, jumped from barrier nine and ran a time of 1.11.25sec.
- Notable winners of the Bolton Sprint include Fimiston (1988), Jacks Or Better (1996), Grand Nirvana, Marasco and First Among Equals.
- Fred Kersley holds the distinction as the most successful trainer of the Bolton Sprint, winning the race a remarkable four times in succession.
- Is Amazing (2007) launched his winning run and was followed by Marasco (2008) and Grand Nirvana (2009-2010).
- Sitting right behind Kersley is Jim Taylor, who has also enjoyed a top record in the race with a hat trick of winners.
- Taylor’s golden patch commenced with Cool Business (2002) before Golden Delicious went back to back (2003-2004).
- Current trainers Darren McAuliffe and Neville Parnham are dual winners of the Bolton Sprint.
- Parnham: Spook (1998) & Electic (2006).
- McAuliffe: Impressive Stats (2005) & Rebel King (2015).
- William Pike (4) Jason Brown (3) and Jason Whiting (3) enjoy the best record of the modern day riders in the Bolton Sprint.
- Pike: Is Amazing (2007), Marasco (2008), Celebrity Miss (2014) & Rebel King (2015). Pike the first rider to win the Bolton in successive years.
- Brown: Cool Business (2002) & Golden Delicious (2003-2004). Brown remains the only hoop to win the Bolton Sprint three years in a row.
- Peter Knuckey: Caliway (1993) & Power Princess (2011).
- Pat Carbery: Spook (1998) & Settle Strada (2013).
- Paul Harvey: Papillion (1999) & First Among Equals (2016).
- Dan Staeck: Grand Nirvana (2009-2010).
- Brad Parnham: Electic (2006) & Profit Street (2017).
- Stephen Miller: Doctor Golly (1995) & Gold Aura (1997).
- Barrier two: eight wins including three of the past four.
- Barrier eight: five wins
- Barrier six: four wins
- Barrier four, five, seven, nine and 10: three wins
- Barrier one and three: two wins.
- Geldings: 24 winners
- Mares: eight winners
- Colts: three winners
- Horses: three winners
- Filly: one winner. (Jungle Mist (1985).
- Sky Filou (1987): 1.09.29sec.
- Jacks Or Better (1996): 58.5kg.