Saturday at Belmont will feature the 39th running of the Listed Belmont Guineas. (1600m).
- The Belmont Guineas was first staged in 1980 and won by Queen Inca, ridden by Mark Grisby and trained by Colin Webster. Elorance ran second and Given Vision placed third.
- Queen Inca, who also won the Champion Fillies Stakes and the WA Oaks.
- Queen Inca carried 54kg, ran 1.39.86sec for the 1600m, commenced from barrier nine in a field of 15 starters and was sent out as a 9/2 chance.
- Glenn Webster, Warren Jeffreys, Lou Luciani, Fred Kersley and Adam Durrant are two-time winners of the Belmont Guineas.
- Jeffreys: Advise Me (1992) & Final Impact (1993). The first trainer to win back-to-back Belmont Guineas.
- Luciani: Key Target (1997) & Lady Fidelia (2000).
- Kersley: Mr Diagnosis (2006) & Grand Nirvana (2009).
- Durrant: Summah’s Touch (2013) & Tick Tick Bloom (2014).
- Webster: Executive Class (1986), Jungle Myth (1988).
- Paul Harvey is the most successful rider in the Belmont Guineas with four winners: Just Jugah (1996), Siranto (1999), Mr Diagnosis (2006) & Cohort (2008).
- WA Hall Of Fame inductee Rod Kemp, Peter Knuckey, William Pike and Glenn Smith are next with three wins apiece.
- Kemp: Art Roy (1983), Concrete (1985) & Executive Class (1986).
- Knuckey: Advise Me (1992), Lady Fidelia (2000) & Volition (2005).
- Smith: Lady Knockout (2002), Coppertito (2004) & Rohan (2012).
- Pike: The Underworld (2011) & Tick Tick Bloom (2014) and State Prosecutor (2018).
- Stephen Miller has three wins in the Belmont Guineas. Twice as a jockey: Perfect Answer (1989) & Final Impact (1993). He also won it as a trainer with Variation (2017).
- Barrier nine: six wins
- Barrier eleven: four wins
- Barrier two: four wins
- Barrier three: four wins.
- Barriers seven, ten, twelve, fourteen, fifteen and sixteen have recorded one win each.
- Geldings have won 21 editions of the Belmont Guineas including the past four years.
- Fillies have been successful on 12 occasions, the previous Tick Tick Bloom (2013).
- Six colts have won the Belmont Guineas
- Jungle Myth: 1.35.78sec in 1988.
MOST SUCCESSFUL SIRE
- Scenic: 2006-2008-2009
LEAD IN RACE
- 16 of the past 20 winners have either won or were placed at their previous outings.
- Summah’s Touch and Rohan won first-up.
LONGEST PRICED WINNERS
- Lady Knockout (2002) 40 to 1
- National Image (1981) 33 to 1