- The H.G.Bolton Sprint, a 1200m Listed race, was named in honour of, Harry Bolton, who was considered the foremost administrator of racing in Western Australia.
- Inducted into the WA Racing Hall of Fame (2012), Bolton was instrumental in the formation of the TAB, introduced starting gates and the implementation movable running rail.
- The Bolton Sprint was first staged in 1979 and won by four-year-old entire, Hartbalm, who carried 58kg, jumped from barrier nine and ran a time of 1.11.25sec.
- Notable winners of the Bolton Sprint include Fimiston (1988), Jacks Or Better (1996), Grand Nirvana (2009-2010, Marasco (2008) and First Among Equals (2016).
- Fred Kersley holds the distinction as the most successful trainer of the Bolton Sprint, winning the race a remarkable four times in succession.
- Is Amazing (2007) launched his winning run and was followed by Marasco (2008) and Grand Nirvana (2009-2010).
- Sitting right behind Kersley is Jim Taylor, who has also enjoyed a top record in the race with a hat trick of winners.
- Taylor’s golden patch commenced with Cool Business (2002) before Golden Delicious went back to back (2003-2004).
- Neville Parnham is also a triple winner of the Bolton Sprint after wins to Spook (1998), Electic (2006) and War God (2018).
- William Pike (4) Jason Brown (3), Jason Whiting (3) and Pat Carbery (3) enjoy the best riding records in the Bolton Sprint.
- Pike: Is Amazing (2007), Marasco (2008), Celebrity Miss (2014) & Rebel King (2015).
- Brown: Cool Business (2002) & Golden Delicious (2003-2004). Brown remains the only hoop to win the Bolton Sprint three years in a row.
- Carbery: Spook (1998) & Settle Strada (2013) and War God (2018).
- Whiting: Doctor Golly (1992), Fireband (2001) and Impressive Stats (2005).
- Barrier two: eight wins including three of the past five years..
- Barrier eight: five wins
- Barrier six: four wins
- Barrier three, four, five, seven, nine and 10: three wins
- Barrier one and three: two wins.
- Barriers 11, 12 and 13 have one victory each.
- Barriers 14, 15 and 16 have recorded no wins.
- Geldings: 25 winners including 11 of the past 14 years.
- Mares: eight winners
- Colts: three winners
- Horses: three winners
- Filly: one winner. (Jungle Mist (1985).
- Sky Filou (1987): 1.09.29sec.
- Marasco (2008) 60kg.
MOST SUCCESSFUL SIRE
- Medical Man: 92-93-95.
- Scenic: 2008-09-10.
LONGEST PRICED WINNER
- War God (2018) $17.
- 15 of the past 20 winners have either won or placed at their previous starts.
- 6 were first up