IDYLLIC PRINCE STAKES OVERVIEW
- Feature racing returns to Belmont with the running of the $100,000 Listed Idyllic Prince Stakes (1300m) on Saturday.
- Previously known as the Goodwood Sprint, the race is named in honour of champion Western Australian Sprinter, Idyllic Prince.
- The son of Scenic, who was prepared at Bullsbrook by Jim Taylor, won 15 races from 45 starts with nearly $1.2 million in stake earnings.
- Idyllic Prince, who also placed on 14 occasions, retired from racing in 2011 after claiming the Goodwood Sprint for the fourth consecutive year.
- Jess Carbery won the Goodwood Sprint on Idyllic Prince in 2008 before Jason Brown took over the riding duties in subsequent years.
- Idyllic Prince also won the Group 2 Lee Steere Stakes (2009), the Group Prince Of Wales Stakes twice (2007-09) and the Group 3 Asian Beau Stakes (2006).
IDYLLIC PRINCE STAKES SINCE 1990 (TRAINER)
- Jim Taylor (5): Idyllic Prince 2008-09-10-11 & Barakey 2014.
- John Price (2): Arctic Park 2005-07.
- Albie Beckett (2): Wabasso 1996-97.
- Cliff Smith (2): Corporate James 1999-2000.
- Arthur Mortimer (2): Tribula 2002-2003.
- David Harrison (2): Blevvo 2004-Settle Strada 2013.
- Justin Warwick trained Wink And A Nod to victory in 2015, his father Trevor prepared British Steel in 1990.
IDYLLIC PRINCE STAKES SINCE 1990 (JOCKEY)
- Jason Brown (5): Tribula 2002, Idyllic Prince 2009-10-11 & Barakey 2014
- Ian Albuino (2): British Steel 1990 & Qualup 1992.
- Jeremy Hustwitt (2): Jungle Comedy 1993 & Straight No Ice 1994.
- Paul King (2): Power Plus 1995 & Wabasso 1996.
- Pat Carbery (2): Northerly 2001 & Settle Strada 2013.
- Alana Williams (2): Tribula 2003 & Blevvo 2004.
- Peter Knuckey (2) Arctic Park 2005 & Cavalla Pazzo 2012.
- Jeff Noske rode Wabasso in 1997 and his son Jarrad partnered Rock Magic in 2016.
BARRIERS SINCE 1990
- Barriers one, six and seven have won five races each.
- Barriers two, three and ten have been successful on three occasions.
- Barriers four, nine and 11 have not recorded wins.
AGE WINNERS SINCE 1990
- Five and seven year-olds have the best record with eight wins a piece.
- Six-year-olds have won it six times.
- Nine-year-olds are the oldest horses to win: Corporate James (2000) & Idyllic Prince (2011).
GENDER WINNERS SINCE 1990
- Geldings have won the race 23 times in this period.
- Five mares have been successful: Straight No Ice (1994), Tribula (2002-2003), Belle Bizarre (2006) & Wink And A Nod (2015).
FASTEST TIME (1300M)
- Idyllic Prince: 1.16.48 (2010).