The Western Australian Racing Trainers’ Association is the peak body representing licensed thoroughbred trainers in WA.
The objectives of the WARTA:
- To promote the interests and activities of WA trainers;
- To represent the interests of WA trainers with RWWA, race clubs and other parties;
- To promote relationships and enter into agreements that will be beneficial to WA trainers; and
- To collect and disseminate information that will assist WA trainers with their training operations.
The WARTA is committed to assisting trainers in each of the Metropolitan, Provincial and Country racing sectors, and to contribute to the overall success of the West Australian racing industry.
Major areas of interest for the WARTA include tracks and facilities, programming and handicapping, trainers’ insurance, prize money, training costs, owner/trainer relationships, staff employment conditions, industry training, regulatory matters and veterinary developments.
President: Stephen Rowe
Vice-President: Sharon Miller
- Warwick Bradshaw – Executive officer
- Renee Durrant – Treasurer
- Julie Clements
- Adam Durrant
- Karen Kersley
- Ben Pearce
All enquiries about the activities of the WARTA should be made to email@example.com or in writing to the WARTA at 31 Quambi Drive Stratham WA 6237.