FARNLEY STAKES OVERVIEW
- The first recorded winner of the Farnley Stakes was Kalamunda (1945), a Remarc five-year-old that was ridden by J Meyers.
- Notable winners include: Raconteur (1952), Herocity (1993), Idyllic Prince (2009) and Rock Magic (2014).
- There have been three dead-heats: Makatilla & Pleasure Cruise (1977), Wool Zone & Rare Flyer (1982) and Official Receiver & Rose Baloo (1983).
- Dover Boy was the first horse to win back-to-back Farnley Stakes: 1957 & 1958.
- Multiple winners also include: Aquitania (1965-67) & Mega Steel (2011-2012).
- Frank Moore was the first jockey to win consecutive Farnley Stakes: Grey Towers (1968) & Sherolythe (1969).
- W. McGovern was the first trainer to go back-to-back: Dover Boy (1957-1958).
- Reg Treffone holds the best training record in the race with four winners: Tantrum (1963), Aquitania (1965-1967) & Todvega (1980).
- Frank Treen has won the Farnley Stakes on five occasions: Sun Bonnet (1946), Jubilee Myth (1953), Dover Boy (1957), Swift Check (1973) & Son Of Biscay (1981).
- Paul Dyson is next with four winners: Official Receiver (1983), Spirit Of Remlap (1995), Singing The Blues (1997) & Seattle Dancer (1998).
- Frank Moore, Mark Sestich, Stephen Miller and William Pike have ridden three winners apiece.
FARNLEY STAKES AGE
- Miki Two Toes (2017) and Foxy Boy (2010) as eight-year-olds are the oldest winners of the Farnley Stakes
- 5YO: 29
- 4YO: 21
- 6YO: 15
- 3YO: 5
- 7YO: 3
FARNLEY STAKES GENDER
- Geldings have won 37 editions of the Farnley stakes including 21 out of the past 25 years.
- Horses: 23 wins
- Mares have been successful 11 times, the previous was Wink And A Nod in 2016.
- Colts: Raconteur (1952), Swift Check (1973) & Rare Flyer (1982).
- Fillies: Canagie (1951) & Starglow (1972).
FARNLEY STAKES BARRIERS
- Barrier seven is the most successful with 10 wins.
- Barriers two and three have recorded eight wins
- Barrier one has had four winners including the past two years.
- No winner has started from barrier 15