The Burgess Queen Stakes is named in honour of the Frank Maynard-trained sensation who won the 1976 Karrakatta Plate and went on to win the Prince Of Wales Stakes , Lee Steere Stakes and A.J.Scahill Stakes as a three-year-old.
- The heaviest weight carried to victory in the Burgess Queen Stakes was 57.5kg by Kalatiara in 2001.
- The longest-priced Burgess Queen Stakes winner was 60/1 shot Belhari.
BURGESS QUEEN STAKES TRAINERS
- Maynard won the first edition of the Burgess Queen Stakes when My Serene, ridden by WA Hall Of Fame member, Rod Kemp, was successful in 1982.
- The daughter of Sir Tristram carried 48.5kg, jumped from barrier eight and stopped the clock at 1.42.40sec.
- Maynard progressed to win another two Burgess Queen Stakes when Denver Dame (1987) and Achtung Bay (1995) were successful.
- Maynard shares three Burgess Queen Stake’s wins with Neville Parnham and Grant Williams.
- Parnham won with Fortune Streak (2001), Even Astar (2010) and Ellicazoom (2016).
- Williams prepared Antique Belle (2012), Ideal Image (2014) and Mikimoto (2017), sharing that victory with partner and co-trainer, Alana Williams.
- The Williams combination are in sight of surpassing Maynard and Parnham when they saddle favourite Arcadia Queen and Leading Girl in the 2018 edition of the race.
- Simon Miller, who won with Miss Rose De Lago (2013), can add a second when he saddles Lady Cosmology, Market Ruler, Flirtini and Shapita.
- David Harrison’s hopes for a third Burgess Queen Stakes rest with outsider Dawn Armada. O’Flirty (2004) and Red Hot Sax (2011) were his previous winners.
- Dan Morton can join his father Len on the Burgess Queen honour roll with two starters: Saetta and Colourful Chloe.
- Len Morton is a two-time winner: Ask Me Later (1986) and Magdalena (1997).
- Tony Ward (Ngawi), Trevor Andrews (Princess Pierro) and Sharon Miller (Cristal Dane) are out to score their first Burgess Queen wins.
BURGESS QUEEN STAKES JOCKEY
- Paul Harvey has won the Burgess Queen Stakes on four occasions: Achtung Baby (1995), Kalatiara (2000), O’Flirty (2004) and Clueless Angel (2009).
- He can secure a fifth and go two clear of Rod Kemp when he partners Lady Cosmology in 2018.
- Kemp combined with My Serene (1982), Grey Jane (1985) and Ask Me Later (1996).
- William Pike, who has ridden Pantenny (2006) and Mikimoto (2017) can join Kemp when he partners Arcadia Queen.
- Shaun O’Donnell, a two-time winner: Red Hot Sax (2011) and Ideal Image (2014), will pin his faith on a third with Ngawi.
- Steven Parnham on Cristal Dane, is chasing a third win after previously guiding home Even Astar (2010) and Ellicazoom (2016).
- Jason Brown will chase dual wins on Market Ruler after guiding Magdalena in 1997.
- Lucy Warwick can also secure her second win on Flirtini after partnering Blackwood (2015).
- Pat Carbery, who partners Shapita, claimed his maiden victory aboard Fortune Streak (2001).
- Carbery’s partner Jess, steered home Local Standi for Paula Wagg in 2008.
- Shaun McGruddy hopes for a second Burgess Queen Stakes rests with Colourful Chloe after he booted home Point Of No Return (2002).
- Chris Parnham (Leading Girl), Jordan Turner (Saetta), Craig Staples (Princess Pierro), Joe Azzopardi (Dawn Armada) are chasing their first wins.
BURGESS QUEEN STAKES BARRIERS
- Barrier six has produced eight winners of the Burgess Queen Stakes. Lady Cosmology can extend the record to nine wins.
- Barrier 11 is the next best starting position with four wins.
- Barriers four and 10 have secured three wins each.
- Barriers two, five, seven, eight, twelve and thirteen have two wins apiece.
- Barrier one has not recorded a win in the Burgess Queen Stakes.
BURGESS QUEEN STAKES LEAD-UP RACES
- Since 2000 seven of the past 18 winners have won their previous race, three have been placed and two were winners first-up
- Leading Girl, Arcadia Queen, Colourful Chloe and Dawn Armada were last start winners.
- Flirtini and Saetta were placed.