Racing and Wagering Western Australia (RWWA) advises that following a track inspection by the Stewards, the meeting scheduled at the Mount Barker Turf Club on Sunday 19 January 2020, will be relocated to Albany Racing Club.
Inconsistencies in track surface with varying levels of firmness and softness were found, which deem the track to be unsuitable for racing.
All races including the Mungrup Stud Sprint feature will be held at Albany Racing Club, please see revised race programme below:
- $14k Maiden 1100m
- $14k Maiden 1240m
- $15.5k Class One Handicap 1910m
- $15.5k Class Two Handicap 1100m
- $15.5k Class Two Handicap 1450m
- $15.5k RTG 58+ Handicap 1240m
- $15.5k RTG 64+ Handicap 1910m
- $100k Mungrup Stud Sprint 1240m
The safety and welfare of our racing animals and participants is of paramount concern. Prior to every race meeting conducted, the conditions of the racecourse are thoroughly inspected to ensure that it is safe and suitable for racing.