xpressions of interest are open for two directors on the Racing and Wagering Western Australia (RWWA) Board.
As the peak racing body in Western Australia, RWWA provides strategic direction and leadership to the development, integrity and welfare of the state’s racing industry.
RWWA is the controlling authority of thoroughbred, harness and greyhound racing in Western Australia and operates the TAB which has more than 300 off-course retail outlets, a call centre and online betting services.
The Board comprises:
- Chair of the Board (appointed by the Minister for Racing and Gaming)
- One member nominated by eligible thoroughbred racing bodies
- One member nominated by eligible harness racing bodies
- One member nominated by eligible greyhound racing bodies
- Four members selected by the RWWA selection panel for their experience in management finance, business, commerce or information technology
Nominations for two directors are now being sought in accordance with point five, above.
When selecting directors, the selection panel should consider:
- Board level experience with respect to strategic planning, risk management and setting and managing key performance indicators
- Experience working within commercial enterprises that operate in regulated environments (wagering, gaming, banking, insurance etc).
- Suitable graduate and or post graduate business or financial qualifications
- Previous experience as a Chief Financial Officer or similar level experience.
- Experience operating at senior management levels within a large organisation.
- At least one of the successful candidates shall have knowledge of, or experience in, regional development.
Expressions of interest close 31 September 2021. For more information visit rwwa.com.au
Direct enquires or expressions of interest to:
Seema Saxena – RWWA Selection Panel, Department of Local Government Sport and Cultural Industries, PO Box 8349, Perth Business Centre WA 6849
P: (08) 96551 4880