Racing and Wagering Western Australia (RWWA) Chair, Jeff Ovens herein provides an update regarding RWWA Board positions and subsequent Board Committees.
Dr Lianne Cretney-Barnes has stepped down from the Board after ten years’ service having served as Chair of the Integrity Assurance Committee and Deputy Chair of the Board. RWWA would like to thank Lianne for her commitment to the Board and the high-level of experience she has brought to her role in guiding RWWA.
Following Lianne’s departure, Anthony Hasluck has been appointed as the new Deputy Chair of the RWWA Board. Anthony has also been selected for the important position of Chair for RWWA’s Animal Welfare Committee, which is responsible for the oversight of the organisation’s animal welfare strategies, to ensure the best levels of care are provided to racing animals during all stages of their lives.
Anthony has been the Managing Director of Clarity Communications since 1999 and is one of WA’s leading communications consultants assisting corporations with public relations, branding, design, and digital communications.
RWWA welcomes Catherine Ferrari as a new member of the RWWA Board. Catherine has had an extensive career holding a range of senior executive roles as well as non-executive director roles. Most recently Catherine was the General Manager Customer and Community at the Water Corporation.
Previous roles include CEO of the West Australian Symphony Orchestra and State Director of CPA Australia (Western Australia). Catherine is currently the Deputy Chair of the West Australian Opera, a Trustee of the Legal Contribution Trust, and a Director of the SmartCrete CRC.
With over 20 years’ experience of Board roles, in a diverse range of sectors and industries, and working with boards at senior executive level, Catherine is well versed in governance principles and has experience in high level board decision making and advisory input.
The Board has made the following appointments to the RWWA Board Committees:
- Animal Welfare Committee (AWC):
- Appointment of Anthony Hasluck as Chair of the AWC.
- Committee members include Chief Executive Officer, General Manager Racing, General Manager Integrity, Manager Animal Welfare and Manager Corporate Communications.
- Integrity Assurance Committee (IAC):
- Appointment of Dan Mossenson as an independent Chair of the IAC.
- Appointment of Catherine Ferrari to the IAC.
- Other committee members include Stephen Langsford and Kirrilee Warr.
- Audit and Risk Committee (ARC):
- Appointment of Catherine Ferrari to the ARC.
- Other committee members include Anthony Hasluck (Chair), Jeff Ovens and Stephen Langsford.
- Remuneration and Nominations Committee (RNC):
- Appointment of Anthony Hasluck to the RNC.
- Other committee members include Jeff Ovens (Chair) and Robert Bransby.