TRACK INSPECTION at ASCOT, Saturday 14th March 2015

After consultation with the Bureau of Meteorology, RWWA Stewards and

Perth Racing have agreed to meet tomorrow at 5am to inspect the track

should rainfall occur overnight. The updated BOM forecast will also be

monitored before deciding if it is safe to proceed with tomorrow’s

scheduled Ascot race meeting.

With the forecast of heavy rain, potential flash flooding and also

destructive winds, it was agreed that a proactive attitude towards

making an early decision is the correct thing to do in the interests of the

wider industry.

In the event the race meeting is unable the proceed as scheduled, other

options in the proceeding days will be considered and communicated


Deputy Chief