Racing and Wagering Western Australia (RWWA) has today released a tender for the provision of re-trainer services for its new equine welfare facility, the Off the Track WA Estate, in North Dandalup.
The Estate forms part of RWWA’s WA Racehorse Welfare Plan and will act as a multi-purpose welfare facility for the use of re-training and emergency care for retired racehorses.
Reporting to RWWA’s Facility Manager, the Scope of Services outlined in the proposed Contract, includes:
- The assessment, education and training of thoroughbred and standardbred horses retired from racing, for equestrian purposes;
- Provision of a suitable number of personnel to support up to 20 horses in work at any one time;
- Management of the sale process for all horses progressing through the Off the Track WA Estate program, including liaising and organising for potential buyers to view and trial the horse;
- The provision of recommendations and advice in regards to the rehoming suitability of horses in the Off the Track WA Estate program;
- The provision of ongoing support and advice to buyers of Off the Track WA Estate horses; and
- Provision of all management, planning, scheduling and supervisory of personnel necessary to carry out the requirements detailed in the Scope of Service.
All welfare management and upkeep of horses will be managed by RWWA’s Off the Track WA Estate Facility Manager.
For further information and details on the full Scope of Services, please visit the Tenders WA website here.
A non-mandatory briefing for Tenderers will be held at 1.00pm, Thursday 12 March 2020 at the Off the Track WA Estate.
Please note Tenderers must register their attendance for the briefing by e-mail to email@example.com by no later than 2.00pm, Wednesday 11 March 2020.
Tender submissions must be lodged electronically via the Tenders WA website here.
For any questions regarding the Tender please contact RWWA’s Procurement Manager Peter Davis on 08 9445 5123 or firstname.lastname@example.org.