The WA Government have advised that effective 12pm, Sunday 27 June, restrictions have been introduced for Perth and Peel for a minimum three days, due to COVID-19. People are encouraged to check the exposure locations.
Please note that racing, trialling and trackwork will continue under strict bio-security measures. Irrespective of racing venue, the following requirements will be adhered to for a minimum of three days:
- Essential persons only on-course (please carry RWWA licence card or Essential Persons ID Card at all times).
- Essential persons include trainers, jockeys, apprentices, drivers, stable hands, kennel hands, horse transport staff specific to animals engaged at a race meeting, trial or trackwork, RWWA staff and officials, club staff and officials, racing vision broadcasters and official race day photographers.
- Masks to be worn at all times on-course (except by riders and drivers whilst racing).
- Physical distancing maintained where possible.
- Mandatory contact register (Safe WA App or manual registration).
- Cleaning and disinfecting of all gear and equipment.
- Takeaway only options for food and beverage (dependent upon individual club capacity).
Please note that the exclusion of non-essential persons does not apply to today’s Broome race meeting, which is already underway.
Any essential persons who have attended a location in WA visited by confirmed cases or who feel unwell should not attend a WA racetrack and should attend a COVID-19 clinic for testing.